Thursday, May 23, 2013

Youthfully Observed

What a youthful day it has been from the feelings and all the energy in the atmosphere. I feel so passionate about education and especially all that involves today's youth. Even though I consider myself a young adult because that is the type of vibrancy I possess I still am amazed by the "youth" culture of today. There has been a progression in having more sense of freedom through advances in technology and other things allowing teenagers to loose all ties to tradition. 

May marks National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month (NTPPM) which is something I did not know even know existed until this year and my how great to have such a cause to be thankful for. So just all for gaining more approval or attention from the opposite sex or maybe to seem cool teen-aged girls will agree to give up the essence of themselves. It is amazing what young ladies put themselves through and really if they do not know or no one tells them, " I love them". I love all that their mind contains and how much joy they can bring to a man that will ask them to be their wife. In popular culture the boyfriend and girlfriend title is so popular but really all there is on paper "single", "married", "divorced" and "widowed". With all the apparent independence women have gained doing things alone without the benefits of marriage is just socially normal. Maybe more now than ever before women are objectified for one thing and than when sexuality is experienced at a young age their is room left for disease and being a single mother. 

Amazing the events that went on today and this book Unhooked by Laura Sessions Stepp caught my fancy which is appropriate for this month and the greater Washington DC area. This book is very revealing of the reality of youth today that I am thankful for having no involvement in and living up the influence. When one can enjoy themselves fully and have learned to gain more spiritual guidance than their is a certain simplicity to life that gets you off the hook. Youth is and should be more more than what true stories are in this book below.


How amazing that May 1st was a holiday or awareness for the National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy and you can find out more on this webpage. On May 1, 2013 I was in the Columbia Heights neighborhood at my Zumba class and while waiting for the train a girl handed me this flyer.......

A great program for DC residents who want to receive a High School Diploma at a Charter School located in the Columbia Heights 14th Street area.


Oh, how to be as optimistic as the youth and maturely grow to be wise?

No comments:

Post a Comment