Touch is so important and when we feel contact on our skin that is stimulating and gentle than blood pressure can be lowered. When it comes to a Facial Massage the main benefits are improving the muscular tissue of the face, lowering blood pressure, increase blood circulation, purifies skin and removes waste from the tissue and stimulates the lymphatic system.
1. Endorphins: Proteins with potent pain-reducing properties that occur naturally in the brain.
2. Blood pressure: Pressure exerted by the blood upon blood vessel walls, which indicate an individual's health.
3. Cortisol: A stress hormone secreted to bolster the immune system.
4. Norepinephrine: A neurotransmitter that enhances alertness in times of stress.
5. Vagus nerve: The major communications link from the brain stem to the organs in the neck, throat, chest and abdomen.
When it comes to a body massage most of the benefits occur in the Musculoskeletal System of course which helps with:
- Increasing metabolism
- Reduces spasm, tension and cramping
- helps muscles recover more quickly from exertion and fatigue.
- improve muscle tone and prevent the delay of muscular atrophy resulting from inactivity
- Increase joint range of motion
- Releases tight muscles and tendons
- Increases ease and efficiency of movement
In the Circulatory System the benefits are:
- Decreases pain due to chemical irritation of free nerve endings from reducing lack of blood.
- Increases nutrition of tissues and the number of red blood cells in circulation.
- Helps facilitate tissue healing
- Increases the excretion of fluids and waste products of protein metabolism, inorganic phosphorus through the kidneys.
- Can reduce cramping or spasm in the digestive tract and ease elimination of the colon by improving tone.
- Supports healthy digestion through relaxation and stress reduction
- Increases the lymphatic flow as well as the tissue fluid
- Enhances the immune and filtering activities of the lymphatic system
- Improvement in clarity and alertness
- Reduces anxiety
- Facilitate emotional release and reduction in general stress levels
- Promotes general feeling of well-being
- Reduce nerve root compression
- Decreases nerve entrapment through the release of soft tissue or muscular binding
- Helps balance the autonomic nervous system
- Stimulates touch, pressure and proprioceptive receptors of the skin and underlying tissues.
- Deepens and normalizes the breathing rate through relaxation
- Can assist in the relief of congestion in the lungs through percussive and compressive movements
- Releases tension in the breathing structures, both in the rib cage as well as the breathing muscles
- Assist with the metabolic balance in muscle tissue
- Enhances suppleness and elasticity
- Improves the surface skin circulation and pliability of the fascia
- Increases the sebaceous gland excretions
- Moisturizes the skin with good massage oils
- Removes dead skin
- Reduces tension in the skin and adjoining tissues
- Stimulates sensory receptors
All of the photos are not mines and not only can adults enjoy massages but babies, kids and everything in between.